Next thing we knew we were on the tender and heading towards the lights that we had previously seen in the dark...... and climbing up the 90 steps to reach the top!!
You really need the time to allow yourself to be bewitched by the mystical scenery inside. The dinner was an unforgettable experience as much for the delicious and beautifully presented food, as for the romantic setting complete with candles, special lighting and music.
The BBQ'd food was delicious, had far too much food that included the prawns, crabs, fish, chicken that had been cooked on a ledge just on the outer edge of the cave.
After a whole day packed full of activities, we had anchored at a secluded harbour then enjoyed this amazing dinner in a magical cave.
Not many people get to do something as special as this!
- Blog posting on the Royal Palace Hotel.
- Blog posting on the madness of Hanoi traffic.
- Blog posting on the humble motorcycle
- Blog posting on the local coffee shops of Hanoi.
- Blog posting on the way to Halong Bay
- Blog posting on our arrival onboard the Dragons Pearl
- Blog posting on the kayaking
- Blog posting on the vegetable and fruit carving
- Royal Palace Hotel
IndoChina Junk Company
- Fruit and Vegetable carving classes (in Saigon)
- Fruit and Vegetable carving website (with recipes)
- Fruit and Vegetable carving (images)
- HANOI KIDS- volunteer tour guides - hotel can organise if you book well ahead.
- KOTO Restaurant - hotel can book a table for you.
- TRIP ADVISOR
- CURRENCY EXCHANGE
- email for Royal Palace Hotel
So stay tuned for more updates!!
to all our loyal followers please note:
since March 2012 most of the newer blog posts are now at:
LIVING IN REGIONAL VICTORIA
John and I have repatriated to Australia and now living in a small rural village in Regional Victoria.
we are documenting the places we see, the things we do and what it is like to travel around Victoria!
We still update the OUR LIFE IN SINGAPORE,
but the majority of posts are now at
LIVING IN REGIONAL VICTORIA.